This weekend I was reminded of one of reasons I wanted to get away of a small town just to come back and be so proud of it. HA! Amazing how God does these things.
I left home to pursue an identity to be nobody's certain child, granddaughter, or anything. Not that it was ever a bad thing but growing up in the environment I did I was always known for this. Well now that I have come back home...I couldn't be more proud for the identity they laid out for me and I carry today because of them.
What triggered this was on Sunday morning when I was meeting new students I knew I recognized a student but couldn't place her. Then she told me who her mom is, so it all came together. This lil' girl didn't really want me to know her like that because like me (before Dallas) she wanted her own name. So I have made sure to place her in my head as who she is and not anything else.
All of this to say brings me to: Where is your identity? Is it in someone? Is it in something? Is it in you? The most important thing that the people before me taught me is to have my identity in someone bigger than any of us ever could be, CHRIST. If I am known as His child then everything is going to be so much better. We were made in his likeness. We were created to worship and serve Him. He is our Daddy, Abba, Father. He is our strength; he is our shelter. Everything and everyone falls under Him.
So my question to you: Where is your identity? Who is it in?
As always...loving them BIG with FAITH
No comments:
Post a Comment