Friday, March 12, 2010

It's a matter of the Heart...

This week I have been challenged so much.  STarted with the reading of this week's high school devos and preparing for Sunday...then the week just exploded on me. 

This week I was able to serve my girls as a celebration.  I heard so many heart felt stories...so many life changes.  So much good...no greatness from this study.  I heard heartbreaks that the study was over...but you know...this study opened up so many girls' hearts. 

Then I had the privelege of serving with our church staff for the funeral of a deputy that lost his life while protecting us.  So many heart moments there just to sit back and watch this band of brothers...love each other in blue.  People who don't know each other..hugging and weeping...knowing they carried a bond...that is straight from the heart.

But what about serving my family...everyone of us seem to think we have the best family and parents...but I am here to tell you my peoples can rank any of yours.  I love the heart of my mother who always wants to know her baby girl is ok and serves others in the same way.  The heart of my stepdad who wants to make sure I have everything that I should or you know he is ALWAYS available to give me the hug that I need.  The heart of a best friend who knows some days are longer than others and is there with a simple, heartfelt...How are you? 

But more than any of this...it is always a matter of my heart...Does it feel?  Does it break?  Does it weep?  Does it hurt?  Does it long for the relationship?  Does it long to be healed?  After weeks like this...I am thankful that there is a God who is bigger than me that can take all of this...and make it ok.  YOu see...without him...we are nothing.  Without Him in our life...these people can't serve, these people can't feel.

 With HIM though...I am able to serve and believe.

No comments: