I really don't know what to write on here right now except how priveledged I am. This week we went to junior high camp at Student Life. I felt as if I was living in a glass box as 25 girls were watching my every move and I was there for them whenever they came running. These girls look up to me in so many ways that I have never realized until this week. As I was sharing with them the HOPE of my salvation and WHY I believe what I believe. Then one day I shared of my quiet times with the Lord and why they are so important to me. Other times we were just diving into scripture and discussing it together. Sometimes I even had to be mean (yeah i know hard to imagine) and make them go to bed. Other times I had to teach them/guide them about some different behaviors. I explained to them the love I have for each of them doesn't even compare to the LOVE our heavenly Father has for them...
but you know once again...these young ladies...taught me more than I could ever teach them...To some of them they want to be just like me...they want what I have...but you know...May I direct them only to the one who has made me, molded me, pruned me into the lady I am today. I am nothing without my Savior. I am who I am because HE is my Hero and my Everything. He doesn't fail me. He doesn't leave me. He shows me the next step. So may I be faithful to HIM to show/minister to these girls as others have done with me...and most of all may these girls see HIS love shine thru me.
Jesus, Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for using me. May I continue to LOVE others BIG with a faithful FAITH.
No comments:
Post a Comment