Monday, March 30, 2009

Cell phones

Have you ever realized how attached you are to your cell phone? or atleast how no matter how far someone is from you...they are still not that far from you cuz within just a few moments you can communicate with them. I remember losing my cell once while at youth camp but it was ok because I had several around me that had theirs that I was ok without it unless I was REALLY needed.

Well I had this checked over the last several days with Mom losing her phone. I dont thinnk it would have been so bad if I wasn't sick. I dont talk to mom everyday on the phone but we do communicate someway everyday. So with me being sick and them being out of town...not just out of town...but thousands of miles away with very good friends...I wanted to talk to Mom often to know what they were doing. Well I couildn't. The golf tourney wouldn't let them have their phones on the course so I couldn't talk to them. Moma didn't have her phone so I couldn't text her. PPR doesn't nkow how to text so I couldn't call and just say "hey!" cuz that would have been rude....so I survived...and I got better.

What was even funnier is that my grandmother was having trouble with my mom not having her phone...what did Mamaw do for 50 years? but you know...Mamaw saved the day because she would text me often during the day...yes my Mamaw! She's great...she told me she would fly to take care of me if I jsut gave her the word. Well she didn't have to...I got better...

Well then the craziest part to me was this morning when Mom called to check on me and to let me know they got home (10 hours later...cuz she didn't have texting)...she called from my home number that I have had for 26 years and I did NOT recognize the number! HA! Go figure!

Well brings us to tonight...Mom's phone works again or she has another...I think she called me and texted me to tell me...and I was asleep so I got..."Are you ok?" So yes I have Mama back to communicate with...and no more withdrawels of not being able to communicate.

so learn from this story: Do not take your phone with you to the bathroom...your phone may not survive...

No comments: