Friday, January 16, 2009

Believing in Miracles

Tonight I had the urge to write again...sometimes I get the urge to write like devotions or something...but here are my thoughts. Let me know what you think.

In your life have you ever been where you can't see God and you would like to know what He is up to? You have been praying, praying, praying, and you can't see what He is doing. You feel as if he is doing nothing and/or not hearing you. You are tired everything around you seeming to cave in and you feel as if you can't take it anymore? This list here could go on and on...

That is exactly where I am today. This past semester of school I have been praying for so many different situations...healing, illnesses, family, friends, relationships, jobs, coworkers, students around me and I feel/felt as if nothing is happening. I feel as if there are no miracles being done, no prayers being answered, no step in a new direction, no guidance...almost as if there is no higher power.

Then 2 nights ago I had the urge to read back in my journal just to see what life was like a year ago, 6 mths ago, 1 month ago, 1 week ago, etc...and I was able to see God's faithfulness and His miracles all around. Lately I have had some very eager prayers on my heart for healing for those around me and extra strength in me...but I was reminded these are being answered. These people I am praying for...myself included...had another day to live, another day to grow, another day period. These people I am praying for stepped ahead in life...are fighting the good fight. These people I am praying for...God is touching their lives...even if it isn't visible to the naked eye. You know how I know this...because they are not the same person and I am not the same person I was a year ago. We are not the same as we were 6 months ago. We are not the same we were 1 month ago. I was able to see God's faithfulness in carrying me through life's trials. I was able to see God giving me strength to fight when I didn't want to fight any longer.

I was also reminded yesterday of this verse that I have read and quoted so many times "Jesus said, 'What is impossible with men is POSSIBLE with GOD.'" Luke 18:27

So my question I ask you...What area of your life are you lacking believing in because you aren't seeing the visible miracle or the BIG miracle? What can you give to God so you can have peace again? What can you do today to look back in a month and say that changed my life?

My answer: I am not going to quit praying. I am not going to quit surrendering. I am not going to quit trusting. I am not going to quit living. I am not going to quit believing...because with MY GOD all THINGS are possible!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

hey! i'm glad you found me, and that's so neat that you know Andy! He doesn't do much of a blog, so at least you can catch up with him here! :D